If you want to control the pressure retained in a pressure vessel that is releasing pressure then the BlowTie Diaphram Spunding Valve is the tool for the job.
The adjustment knob on the top of the unit makes it easy to increase and decrease the set pressure.
This unit can be easily dissassembled for cleaning using a phillips head screw driver.
1. Cut good quality tube (such as EVABarrier 5mm ID x 8mm OD tubing) cleanly with tube cutter making sure the end of the tube is a clean cut.
2. Push one end of the tube to the inlet side of the BlowTie (look at the direction of the arrow) and the other end to your pressure vessel that is releasing gas.
3. Use the yellow adjustment knob to control the pressure coming out of the pressure vessel. Clockwise is higher pressure and anticlockwise is lower pressure.
If you would like to get a pressure reading so you can see what pressure is in your pressure vessel then we recommend:
1. Purchasing a Duotight Push in Tee and installing this on the inlet tubing side of the BlowTie.
2. Purchasing a 8mm Push in 0-40psi Guage (KL07696) and pushing this into the Tee Piece.
1. Made from food grade acetal
2. Stainless screws
3. 8mm (5/16") push on both sides
4. 0-40psi pressure rating
With pressurised fermentation becoming ever more popular it has become increasingly important to have a method of regulating and controlling this residual pressure from the fermentation process. The BlowTie has been designed specifically for this reason.
When transferring from keg to keg, keg to bottle, or fermenter to keg it's often a good idea to have head pressure in the keg you are filling into especially if you are transferring a beverage that is carbonated. For this reason the BlowTie can consistenly control this head pressure giving you more consistent results and without losing carbonation in the process.
Traditional spunding valves that use a simple spring against a seal are flawed right from the beginning as the physical aspects of the design dictate that you will have a significant difference between the opening pressure and closing pressure during opperation. Brewers have tolerated this imperfection for long enough and now you can control these pressures far more accurately.
The BlowTie has been made completely differently taking advantage of a diaphragm to actuate the sealing mechanism that will release pressure from the pressure vessel with much more accurate control pressure.